Temporary biological skin replacement
- Protects the biological wound milieu
- Promotes wound healing
- Minimizes pain for the patient
- Provides a microbial and mechanical barrier
- Prevents electrolyte and heat loss
- Excellent adherence to the wound bed
- Moisturized removal with minimal pain
Xenoderm is a split-skin derived acellular collagen matrix.
Large scale loss of skin leads to various complications and disturbs wound healing. The use of Xenoderm establishes a biological wound milieu promoting rapid epithelialization and good cosmetic results.
- Is designed as a semi-permanent cover for burns (degree II-III), traumatic and all full and partial thickness wounds.
- Is freeze dried porcine dermis, harvested from animals destined for the human food chain.
- Is used where Homograft or Cadaver skin are used.
- Can be used on third degree burns immediately after excision where grafting is delayed for whatever reason.
- Can be the second component involved in the sandwich technique: “Autograft and Cadaver Skin“ or Xenoderm.
- Can be applied on burns already covered with autograft, meshed or unmeshed and/or any skin substitute.
- Can be used in all trauma cases involving tissue loss or trauma cases where wound closure is delayed.
- Can be used to cover non healing wounds as a temporarily wound dressing, alone or in combination with others.
- Is close to human skin in its biocompatibility and bears no risk of human virus transmission.
- Class III medical device according to European Guideline 93/42/EWG.
- Manufactured in accordance with a QMS certified to DIN EN ISO 13485
- Production following good manufacturing practice guidelines (GMP).
- Gamma sterilized.
REF-No. / Size / Content
REF 0505X / 50x50x0,3 mm / 10 units per box
REF 1010X / 100x100x0,3 mm / 5 units per box
REF 1020X / 100x200x0,3 mm / 5 units per box
REF 1030X / 100x300x0,3 mm / 5 units per box
REF 1040X / 100x400x0,3 mm / 5 units per box