Resorbable and highly effective hemostatic agent based on collagen cone shaped
- Highly effective local hemostatic agent.
- Easily applicable to tubular defects and tissue pockets
- Fully resorbable within 1-2 weeks.
- Easy and simple handling.
Surgicoll Plug is a fully resorbable sponge like cone formed collagen matrix for effective hemostasis. Collagen is well known for its outstanding properties as hemostatic agent documented in numerous clinical reports.
The sponge like collagen matrix promotes reliable blood clotting due to two complementarily acting mechanisms. While the collagen matrix swelling properties cause a concentration of blood platelets, thus promoting blood clotting, the chemical and topological nature of collagen fibrils induces the release of blood clotting factors from aggregated platelets, thus triggering the coagulation cascade.
- Class III medical device according to European Guideline 93/42/EWG.
- Certified according to DIN EN ISO 13485:2012.
- Production following good manufacturing practice guidelines (GMP).
- Outstanding biocompatibility.
- Gamma sterilized.
- Double sterile packaging for hygienic transfer to the surgery area.
REF-No. / Size / Content
REF ConeSP / cone lenght: 12 mm, Ø: 10-14 mm / 5 units per box